COVID 19 PARTICIPANT / PARENT OR GUARDIAN RESPONSIBILITES
- Each participant to bring their own supply of hand sanitiser & tissues for personal use.
- Masks must be worn on centre buses. NO MASK – NO TRAVEL. Our bus transfers will have socially distanced seating.
- Full Day courses – please bring a packed lunch, snacks & a reusable water bottle.
- Upon arrival at the centre there will be a control set down area. Please drive in, allow participants exit the car where an instructor will meet them & direct them. If you wish to speak to an instructor please lower car window – thank you. For offsite courses please meet our staff beside the Centre minibuses.
- Participants must respect social distance with staff/ persons who are not from their household. We will be unable to continue with courses where these measures are not respected.
- If a participant begins to feel unwell during a course they must tell us immediately.
- Parents / guardians must be available at all times during youth courses in the event we need to contact you.
COVID 19 OUR ADDITIONAL MEASURES
Kilfinane Outdoor Education and Training Centre will operate all activities in line with government guidelines and best practice. The safety of our participants, community and staff is our highest priority. In order to ensure a safe course for everyone we are taking these additional measures.
- Pre-course screening ( 4 – 2 days before course commencement)
- All our courses will commence with a Covid briefing and orientation.
- Hand hygiene routines throughout the day
- Sanitisation points in place throughout the centre
- Covid advice posters are in place throughout the centre.
- We will disinfect gear & equipment between sessions.
- In course transport using centre buses will operate with reduced capacity and the wearing of face masks as per government guidelines.
- Social distancing measures will be in place for activities, break times, meals etc. We ask for all participant’s cooperation in this.
- Toilets: Single person using toilet area at any one time (the toilets will be cleaned twice daily)
- Changing rooms will not be available until further notice. For water activity sessions we will change outdoors as you would at the beach.
- If the event of first aid being required, our instructors will provide first aid in line with best practice & Personal protective equipment appropriate to the location.
Youth Mountain Biking Pre-course Information
Please check your booking email for course times & details. Our Youth Mountain Biking Courses are based at the Ballyhoura Mountain Bike Trail Head.
What to bring: Drinks bottle & small snack, small rucksack with light rainjacket, tracksuit bottoms or leggings ( not baggy), t shirt and long sleeve top, good fitting runners, hand sanitiser.
We will supply: Bike, Helmet & elbow pads ( all sanitised)
Multi-Activity Camp Pre-course Information
Please check your booking email for course times & details. Our Multi Activity Camps are based at Kilfinane OETC.
What to bring – click here
Youth Kayaking Pre-course Information
Please check your booking email for course times & details. Our Youth Kayaking courses are based in Lough Gur and Castleconnell ( check your course details for venue)
What to bring – Drinks bottle and small snack, old runners to wear in the water ( must protect feet – plimsols, crocs or sandals are not suitable), togs or shorts, t-shirt or thermal top, towel, gear bag for wet clothing. Bring your own wetsuit if you have one or if not we can provide this.