We have been busy designing and providing COVID-safe courses throughout the summer. As we move into the academic year we will be providing a range of non-residential courses for Schools and Further Education and Training Centres. We are still scheduling residential courses for 2021 and will continue to monitor advice from the HSE and Department of Education and Skills.
COVID 19 OUR ADDITIONAL MEASURES
Kilfinane Outdoor Education and Training Centre will operate all activities in line with government guidelines and best practice. The safety of our participants, community and staff is our highest priority. In order to ensure a safe course for everyone we are taking these additional measures.
- We have reduced our capacity and will only be working with one student group at a time in any location.
- All of our staff have completed return to work training provided by Limerick and Clare Education and Training Board
- School and FET groups are required to apply DES guidelines regarding attendance for students, learners and staff. All other groups are required to complete Pre-course screening ( 4 – 2 days before course commencement)
- All our courses will commence with a Covid briefing and orientation.
- Hand sanitisation points in place on arrival and throughout the centre to include mobile points for offsite activities.
- We will disinfect equipment between sessions. This includes sanitisation of wetsuits, climbing harnesses, helmets, bikes etc.
- Hand sanitisation at appropriate times during activities.
- Face coverings / visors will be worn at appropriate times where social distancing may be more difficult e.g. equipment checks.
- In course transport using centre buses will operate with 50% capacity and the wearing of face masks as per government guidelines. Our buses will be cleaned and sanitised each day.
- Social distancing measures will be in place for activities, break times, meals etc. We ask for all participant’s cooperation in this. We will operate outdoors as much as possible. Indoor spaces have been risk assessed and layouts changed accordingly.
- Toilets will be cleaned at least twice daily. Maximum occupancy is signposted outside each toilet block.
- We will keep the use of changing rooms and showers to a minimum. Where weather allows, for water activity sessions we will change outdoors as you would at the beach.
- If the event of first aid being required, our instructors will provide first aid in line with best practice & Personal protective equipment appropriate to the location.
- Our operating procedures, safety statements and risk assessments have been updated for COVID-19 using guidance from the HSE, Department of Education and Skills, Faillte Ireland and equipment manufacturers advice for equipment sterilisation.
- Covid advice signage and information in place throughout the centre.
COVID 19 PARTICIPANT / PARENT OR GUARDIAN / GROUP LEADER RESPONSIBILITES
- Each participant to bring their own supply of hand sanitiser & tissues for personal use.
- Masks must be worn on centre buses and indoor spaces.
- Full Day courses – please bring a packed lunch, snacks & a reusable water bottle.
- Participants must respect social distance with staff/ persons who are not from their household. We will be unable to continue with courses where these measures are not respected.
- If a participant begins to feel unwell during a course they must tell us immediately.
Youth Mountain Biking Pre-course Information
Please check your booking email for course times & details. Our Youth Mountain Biking Courses are based at the Ballyhoura Mountain Bike Trail Head.
What to bring: Drinks bottle & small snack, small rucksack with light rainjacket, tracksuit bottoms or leggings ( not baggy), t shirt and long sleeve top, good fitting runners, hand sanitiser.
We will supply: Bike, Helmet & elbow pads ( all sanitised)
Multi-Activity Camp Pre-course Information
Please check your booking email for course times & details. Our Multi Activity Camps are based at Kilfinane OETC.
What to bring – click here
Youth Kayaking Pre-course Information
Please check your booking email for course times & details. Our Youth Kayaking courses are based in Lough Gur and Castleconnell ( check your course details for venue)
What to bring – Drinks bottle and small snack, old runners to wear in the water ( must protect feet – plimsols, crocs or sandals are not suitable), togs or shorts, t-shirt or thermal top, towel, gear bag for wet clothing. Bring your own wetsuit if you have one or if not we can provide this.