Secondary School Outdoor Learning
Secondary school outdoor learning with Kilfinane OETC. Our experienced Instructors use outdoor activity & adventure sports to challenge students with fun experiences that will help them develop life skills.
Our Secondary school courses aim to..
- Promote wellbeing
- Build confidence and self esteem through achievement of challenges and the development of new skills
- Develop life skills such as teamwork, initiative, respect & leadership
- Increase awareness and understanding of the natural environment
- Learn adventure sports skills such as Kayaking, Mountain Biking, Orienteering or Climbing
Curricula linked courses
- Orienteering Short Course CBA’s for Junior Cycle
- Outdoor Learning to support PE & Wellbeing
- Annual schools Orienteering event – 1st and 2yrs
- Schools Bouldering competitions
We can design our courses specifically to meet the needs of your class. Please contact our office at 063-91161 or [email protected]
PE & WELLBEING FOR JUNIOR CYCLE
Our outdoor learning programme to support PE & Wellbeing runs over 2 Days and 1 Night and is designed for 1st or 2nd year students. This programme was jointly developed by Kilfinane OETC and the Burren OETC in conjunction with the Limerick and Clare Education and Training Board PE Community of Practice, Principals and teachers. The course outcomes are mapped to Junior Cycle key skills and Wellbeing indicators and the full course will account for circa 36 wellbeing hours.
The programme consists of in-school preparation delivered by teachers, a 2 Day/ 1 Night residential programme and a reflection stage. Students reflect on their experience using learner journals and a school based reflection. The key focus of this programme is resilience building and during their residential stay students will complete their own participant led hillwalk in small groups with safety backup from our Outdoor Education team.
“..This was active learning at its best, well done to everyone for your commitment.” – School Principal
For more information please contact our office at 063-91161 or [email protected]