COVID-19 REVISED & DEPENDANT – Post Primary Outdoor Education Courses – April/May 2021
Department of Education approved | COVID guideline compliant
Being active Outdoors and minding our wellbeing has never been so important! In line with the re-opening of the education sector Kilfinane OETC are offering a reduced range of Outdoor Education courses with all COVID safety measures in place.
- OUTDOOR EDUCATION DAY | 10am-4.30pm | €40pp – 3 activities including Kayaking or Mountain Biking with a focus on team bonding.
- WELLBEING ON THE WATER | 2.5hrs | €20pp – Kayaking or Canoeing (based in Lough Gur)
- TEAM BUILDING DAY | 10am-3pm | €28pp Land based activities only not including Mountain Biking
- MOUNTAIN BIKING OR KAYAK SKILLS | 2.5hrs | €20pp meet at activity location.
- 3hr OUTDOOR EDUCATION | €21pp 1-3 activities – Rockwall, Team Challenges, Archery, Orienteering, Riverwalk, Hillwalking
- ADVENTURE SKILLS MODULES in Kayaking, Orienteering, Mountain Biking, Hillwalking and Navigation, Bushcraft, Indoor Rockwall. A certificate of attendance is provided for all of these skills courses. Contact us for more details
All the above course options are designed to be delivered to a single class group at a time ( circa 30 students)
For bookings or further information email [email protected] or visit [email protected]1.
Our Secondary school courses aim to..
- Promote wellbeing
- Build confidence and self esteem through achievement of challenges and the development of new skills
- Develop life skills such as teamwork, initiative, respect & leadership
- Increase awareness and understanding of the natural environment
- Learn adventure sports skills such as Kayaking, Mountain Biking, Orienteering or Climbing
Curricula linked courses
- Orienteering Short Course CBA’s for Junior Cycle
- Outdoor Learning to support PE & Wellbeing
- Annual schools Orienteering event – 1st and 2yrs
- Schools Bouldering competitions
We can design our courses specifically to meet the needs of your class. Please contact our office at 063-91161 or [email protected]
Department of Education & Skills approved. Administered by Limerick & Clare Education & Training Board.
PE & WELLBEING FOR JUNIOR CYCLE
Our outdoor learning programme to support PE & Wellbeing runs over 2 Days and 1 Night and is designed for 1st or 2nd year students. This programme was jointly developed by Kilfinane OETC and the Burren OETC in conjunction with the Limerick and Clare Education and Training Board PE Community of Practice, Principals and teachers. The course outcomes are mapped to Junior Cycle key skills and Wellbeing indicators and the full course will account for circa 36 wellbeing hours.
The programme consists of in-school preparation delivered by teachers, a 2 Day/ 1 Night residential programme and a reflection stage. Students reflect on their experience using learner journals and a school based reflection. The key focus of this programme is resilience building and during their residential stay students will complete their own participant led hillwalk in small groups with safety backup from our Outdoor Education team.
“..This was active learning at its best, well done to everyone for your commitment.” – School Principal
For more information please contact our office at 063-91161 or [email protected]